Welcome to Brain Checker,
Today in this article we are going to discuss one more bright career option that is Broadcast engineering.
First you need to understand what is broadcast engineering ?
Broadcast engineering is the field of electrical engineering, and now to some extent computer engineering and information technology, which deals with radio and television broadcasting.
What do broadcast Engineers do?
Broadcast engineering is the field of electrical engineering, and now to some extent computer engineering, which deals with radio and television broadcasting.
Modern duties of a Broadcast Engineer include:
Maintaining broadcast automation systems for the studio and automatic transmission systems for the transmitter plant.
- Video – Standard / High Definition.
- Video compression – DV25, MPEG, DVB or ATSC
- Television studios – Broadcast Cameras and lenses
- Vision Mixers or Production switchers
- Digital server payout technologies
- Broadcast automation
- Disk storage – RAID / NAS / SAN technologies
- Archives – Tape archives or grid storage technologies networking
- Operating systems – Windows / Linux
- Post production – Capture and Non-linear editing
- RF satellite unlinking – High powered Amplifiers
- RF satellite down linking – Band detection, carrier detection and IRD tuning etc.
Why Broadcast Engineering?
- Chance to travel around the world and work in many geographical locations
- The opportunity to work in an end number of industries which are directly or indirectly related to broadcasting (TV, radio, cable, internet broadcasting)
- Better understanding of media work culture is attained
- Good practical and technical skills
- Decent knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment
- Awareness of health and safety in the workplace
- Ability to find and repair faults
- Good communication and teamwork skill
- Stamina and fitness
- IT skills.
- Sufficient color vision and hearing
Completion of High School education in Science stream with Math and Physics. Students are required to go through an entrance exam to gain admissions
Must pass AIEEE or any other state level engineering tests
With Less than 10% students career consulting an expert before making a career choice, it does not come as a surprise that over 90% careers are chosen without understanding the child’s caliber!
Let’s not forget, Career is a Life time decision, let’s choose wisely!
Where to study?
- Broadcast Engineering Society, Bangalore
- Zee Institute of Media Arts, Mumbai
- SNS College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Indian Film and Television Institute, Meerut
- Broadcast Engineering Society, New Delhi
- Wigan and Leigh College, India (Nagpur, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad)
Engineers here may be required to :
- Design and set up video and audio circuits.
- Set up studio equipment to support editing and transmission
- Link studios to outside broadcasts
- Repair and maintenance of technical equipment.
Apart from these few duties, there are job titles that can be secured like:
- Chief Engineer
- Assistant Chief Engineer
- Experienced Broadcast Engineer
- Entry-level Broadcast Engineer
Taking up this branch of engineering might prove beneficial for people who would like to explore the world of television and radio plays have a keen interest in different types of sound.
For a fresher, the starting salary can be around Rs 30,000 and Rs 35,000 per month. For experienced candidates, the salary can go up to Rs 40,000- Rs 45,000 per month.
Here Brain Checker helps you to choose best career according to your skills & interest
Brain Checker is India’s No.1 Career Counseling Company which deals with Career counseling, Career planning ,Childhood development etc.
Contact Certified Brain Checker Counselor Today And Choose Best Career Option for your great future..!
Find More Related Articles here,
We Hope You find this article useful..!
Next Time Will Come with New Career Article For you..!
Like ! Comment ! Share !