Hi everyone and welcome to yet another awesome article by Brain Checker.
Aeronautical Engineering is the science involved with the study, design, and manufacture of flight-capable machines, or the techniques of operating aircraft. This course trains an engineer in designing, constructing, analyzing and testing of commercial or military aircrafts, missiles, and spacecraft’s. Aeronautical engineers are responsible for the research, design and production of aircraft, spacecraft, aerospace equipment, satellites and missiles. They also develop new technologies in commercial aviation, defense systems, and space exploration. On an average an Aeronautical Engineer earns a salary of Rs 5-6 lakhs per annum, however with growth in qualification and experience this amount goes on increasing. Aeronautical engineering syllabus includes topics like Aerospace Materials and Manufacturing Technology, Aircraft Structures, Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics and Mechanics, Flight Mechanics and Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design, Avionics Navigation to name a few.
Candidates pursuing aeronautical engineering courses can specialize in fields like aerodynamics, celestial mechanics, thermodynamics, propulsion among others. Candidates pursuing aeronautical engineering are expected to possess certain skills as mentioned below:
- Speed and accuracy – since aircrafts have to be serviced in a short time
- Manual, technical and mechanical aptitude
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Alertness and presence of mind
- Must have leadership qualities but also be able to work in team
- Normal colour vision
- Physical fitness and good height
- Strong analytical ability
What does an Aeronautical Engineer do?
- Aeronautical engineers design, develop, test, and help manufacture commercial and military aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft.
- Aeronauticalengineers also develop and design extraordinary technologies such as: supersonic jets, helicopters, space shuttles, satellites and rockets.
- Work done by aerospace engineers has made such things as speedy mail delivery and moon travel possible.
- Aerospace Engineers are working to launch a space shuttle to reach the moon.
In India aeronautical engineers are mostly employed by
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and
- The Defense Ministry.
One can also look for jobs available with the
- Civil Aviation Department,
- National Aeronautical Laboratory,
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO) and
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
A lot of job opportunities for aeronautical engineers are also available in countries like USA, France, UK and Germany. Therefore, aeronautical engineers from India as well as from all other parts of the world flock to these countries. A good percentage of Indians constitute the work force of engineers and technical professionals in NASA. Initially, candidates begin work as graduate engineer or junior Engineers. Keeping in view their performance, academic background and aptitude, they are placed for the aircraft maintenance/overhaul or support section. On completion of placed as assistant aircraft engineers or assistant technical officers. They have to clear departmental examinations for further promotions. They may advance to administrative or executive positions or become consultants. Aeronautical engineers are assisted by aircraft mechanics in maintenance of aircraft frame, engine, electrical system and other ancillary fittings.
Types of Job Roles Aeronautical Engineer
Aspirants who want to pursue their career as an Aeronautical Engineer must know that conquering this field requires a lot of hard work and dedication with a sense of responsibility. Aeronautical Engineer job profile broadly consists of the different types of work done by these engineers to make an aircraft run successfully. Right from overhauling the airframes and engines to pre-flight inspections and checking the navigation and radar machines, all comprise the work of an Aeronautical Engineer. Now, these engineers can be hired just to handle one functionality or to handle the entire functioning of the aircraft or missiles. Some can be hired only for handling the designing part of the craft, whereas, few can be hired to check the flying capability of the aircraft. Depending upon the need of the organisations, the role of an Aeronautical Engineer is decided.
Employment Opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers:
When you come down to explore the availability of employment opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers, you will notice a wide range of opportunities open for this job profile. It is completely your choice and preference to choose a particular sector of Aeronautical Engineering. Given below is the list of these different sectors that can be opted, in order to become a successful Aeronautical Engineer, these sectors include:
- Aerospace Industries
- Indian Air Force
- Department of Civil Aviation
- Aircraft Manufacturing Industries
- Aircraft or Airline Engineering Consultancies
- Space Centers
- Private Airlines
- Aircraft Research Agencies (Governmental and Non-Governmental)
- Aircraft Accessories Manufacturers
- Aeronautical Laboratories
- Defence Research and Development Organisations
- Flying Clubs
- Aeronautical Development Establishments
Top Recruiting Companies for Aeronautical Engineers
Once the candidates have acquired the relevant degree required for becoming an Aeronautical Engineer, then, they can apply for the recruiting companies hiring Aeronautical Engineers for good posts with a good package. Candidates can take a look at some of the top recruiting companies for Aeronautical Engineers and prepare for the company accordingly.
- Indian Airforce
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA)
- India Space Research Organisation
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Department of Civil Aviation
- National Flying Training Institute (NFTI)
- Bombay Flying Club
- Air India
- Boeing India Private Limited
- Jet Airways
- Airbus Group India Pvt. Ltd
- Bombardier Transportation India Private Limited
I hope you have go the Idea about Aeronautical Engineer its Scope and Role for the same.Stay connected as we have over 100s of such cool articles for you to check out.
To know is this career option suitable for you or to find prefect career path for you please visit or fill the form link given below:
For more details or talk to us at +91-99700-57774.
Please visit our web site and subscribe to our Brainchecker Youtube Channel for more instructional videos on career, education, career guidance. Thank you for reading.
Stay on the Bright Side of life!